5.5.11

Differences in Cultural Beauty Standards

Besides the muscular leg vs straight leg argument, my wife and I have different cultural standards of beauty. Still, I do not look for all the stereotypical American beauty stands. But we often disagree about beauty. For instance the C-Pop group, TWINS. They are made up of Gillian and Charlene. To me, Charlene is much cuter and more beautiful than Gil. But to my wife, and she insists that almost all Chinese people agree, Gil is the standard of beauty. Tell me if you agree or disagree:


FYI, Gil is on the left, and Charlene is on the right/


ayu-mi-x 7 -LIMITED COMPLETE BOX SET- (First Press Limited Edition)(Japan Version)

7 comments:

James said...

I think I'm leaning towards Charlene on this one. I'd need to see some more pics to make a final decision. This is serious business.

******************** Shanghai MiFeng said...

Nik , I'm with your Wife on this one too . Gil is much more a Woman of my Heart . She looks more mature , as Charlene looks to be too young to be a Standard for Chinese Lady .

Unknown said...

well i am on the fence on this one and will call it a tie

Aarón said...

Charlene wins hands down.

Matthew M said...

Definitely Charlene. She looks older, more mature and absolutely hot-hot-hot!
Gillian looks too young and the clothes are much too confining like girl being protected by her parents.
They areboth attractive but I'd marry Charlene.

AustinGuidry said...

Gil, definitely!! I agree with Shanghai MiFeng!

Vampire Rabbit said...

So Charlene wins?