25.8.09

Problems on the flight home!

So, let this be a lesson to all. A Chinese citizen cannot travel from Guangzhou to Taipei on the way to the U.S.A. or any other country. They can do this through Hong Kong, but not Guangzhou. My travel agent did not know this and neither did my travel agent friend in Beijing. So my wife got stuck in the airport at Guangzhou, where they refused to give her the rest of the tickets or let her board the plane. Iwas on the phone for almost 6 hours trying to get her a new flight that took her from Guangzhou to Hong Kong that afternoon, then from Hong Kong to Newark the next day, and from Newark to Denver today. I hope to have some pictures to upload of her arrival, should nothing else go wrong on this trip.

4 comments:

Carl said...

yikes! that is certainly a challenging way for your wife to start her trip to her new home! best wishes on everything else... hopefully it will all go much smoother going forward.

******************** Shanghai MiFeng said...

Yes Nik , hope it all ends in a safe Welcome to America and to your Home for Fei . Poor Woman , but this is going to be something , you later can laugh about together with the Family . They do makle us pay a price for Truelove ... don't they ?

Wish you both the best , a happy and healthy long Life together .

Mr. Christopher said...

I have always, always wanted to go to China, but problems like you're describing are the main fear I have about going someplace like the Far East. I've always wanted to do some honeymoon travel to some exotic place. Hopefully your overall experience will outweigh your inconveniences. You still look like you're having fun.

******************** Shanghai MiFeng said...

Mr. Christopher , I myself have been three time to China and are going again soon . There is nothing to worry about anything really . Just have all your Paper's in order ( that goes for any Country ) not just China , Passport and Visa and Enjoy . You don't know what beautiful Country your missing ? When I retire , I'm there as fast as the Plane will carry me , yes I'm out of here . I feel much safer in Shanghai then anywhere here .But it is not for everyone of course , but for the ones that like to Travel , this is THEE place to Visit .