How to apply
- An Affidavit of Single Status signed before a notary public.
- Certified by the clerk of Court of the County in which the document is commissioned if applicable. It may be omitted if the authority in item 3 will certify directly to the notary.
- Certified by the Secretary of the State in which the document is executed.
- Certified by the relevant Consulate General. You must apply to the correct Consulate General which holds consular jurisdiction over your area of residence.
- You may come to the relevant Embassy or Consulate Generals for application, or entrust a representative to apply for you. No appointment is required.
- Mailed applications are also acceptable. Make sure you read the Mail Application Instructions.
- One Authentication Application Form (G1) .
- The above-mentioned Affidavit of Single Status, and a photocopy of the paper where the notary public and certification officer signs and stamps.
- The authentication fee of $20 is payable by Money Order, Cashier's Check, Company Check or Cash.
- Personal checks are not acceptable. Please make the check payable to Chinese Consulate in Chicago.
- For mail service, an additional 5 dollars PER PACKAGE for handling will be charged. Make sure you read Mail Application Instructions.
- The regular processing time is 5 working days. For express service, additional fees of $30 for 1 working day processing, or $20 for 2-3 working days processing will be charged.
- The divorced or the widowed shall have the divorce certificate or death certificate of the ex-spouse be certified/authenticated together with the Affidavit of Single Status.
- The divorced whose ex-spouse is a Chinese citizen, and who hold the divorce decree executed by the US court, shall apply to the Chinese court for the acknowledgement of the divorce decree.
- According to the Marriage Law of the People's Republic of China, the minimum marriageability age is 22 for men and 20 for women.
AFFIDAVIT OF SINGLE STATUS
On this date of _________________, I, (name of affiant) ,
residing at (street and number) (city) (state) (zip code)
BEING DULY SWORN DEPOSE AND SAY:
I was born on (date) at (city) (country)
I am a (country) citizen. My passport number is
I am a (current occupation) . I am employed by (company name and address)
I am currently single, have never been married (or was divorced/widowed on (date) and have never been remarried since that date).
Signature of the Affiant: _______________________________
Name in Print:________________________________________
(For the Notary Public)Subscribed and sworn to before me by (name of affiant) on this____day of ________________.